Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 6 - February 27 2010

"Don't look at me- you disgust me." I heard a man say this to his wife/GF/idk- while waiting in line for a cashier. I felt like saying "Excuse me, mister- YOU disgust me."

Anyway, hello world!

this blog is a day late but oh well :)


Yesterday my family and I visited with other family and a new addition: Peter (no pics though, sorry). Since I can't post any pics of him, I will just say that he is like a mini benjamin button- timelessly handsome, perfectly parted hair, and pouty lips.

In addition, we also celebrated the leaving of his grandparents for the Philippines. In the next week or so, his grandparents will be permanently leaving the US and relocating back home, in the Philippines. The immigrated to the US in search for a better future for their growing family. In doing so, they also helped other family members relocate children in the US- including my mother (Peter's grandfather's niece). In their time here, in the US, they have married off one daughter, been the strongest support system for their only son during rough moments, and developed a very unique and rare relationship with their youngest daughter that many people never get to have/experience.

They are the definition of "family first". Peter's grandfather is the never ending glue keeping the family together, loyal to our roots, and mindful of the opportunities have just by living in the US. Peter's grandmother is classic, simple, and elegant; at the same time, she has the "spunk", youth, and vigor of a 20-something year old.

They welcomed my mother, a young mother herself, with open arms; and helped raise me (God bless them for that! haha!) My mom grew up with two "additional sisters" *her cousins) and was still able to enjoy her youth despite having a daughter to care for precisely because of her two cousins. These two cousins have become permanent figures in not only my life but that of my siblings. They have become our role models and mentors. I know they will miss their parents terribly and may find it a challenge to redefine "life in the US" without their parents being just a few minutes away; but I have no doubt that this move will allow the family to grow closer and become a stronger, more unified unit of love.

Peter's grandparents have come full circle....they moved to the US, started a new life, made a "warm home" of it and left imprints in the hearts of many, and nearly 30 years later, they begin their return and start a new chapter in the country that is truly their "home".

That said, lets all try to be a little more appreciative of those who have not only made an impact on OUR lives but especially on the lives of our parents.

I ended the night with a trip of Max's in Burlingame, CA where diets are actually welcomed!




I say this only because, although they have a very tempting selection of desserts- they also offer a wide variety of (not-so-cardboard-tasting) sugar free sweets!



Thanks for reading...signing off now to start my blog for Day 7.

1 comment:

  1. I missed this when you first posted it. Now I'm crying...THANKS! (just messin, I'm not mad.) I love you!

    ReplyDelete