Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 14 - March 07 2010

Day 14 - March 07 2010

Hello World,

Given that tonight is oscar night, I will not post my own pictures but rather those taken on the Red Carpet.

Given that tonight was a big night for many actors and actresses- I was particularly vetting for Meryl Streep. She has received more than 15 nominations and won her first one as the Best Acress In A Leading Role in 1982 for the movie, Sophie's Choice. This year, she is nominated for the same, but for the movie, Julie & Julia, where she portrayed famous chef Julia Childs.

That said- I was a bit disappointed with her wardrobe choice. Her dress was designed by Chris March of Project Runway. I found the dress too "Drape-y", bland, and "low-energy". I don't think the dress complemented her figure and age. I was hoping she would wear something that showed off her beautiful shoulders and neckline. This would have elongated her neck and made her look timelessly elegant.



Maybe its the drapery at the bottom that i am unsettled with. Because I actually don't mind the dress from the waist up. The drapery at the bottom takes away from her height- perhaps the bottom could have been more like a flute, so that it would balance out her shoulders and elongate her legs.

Nevertheless, I did love the dress of Cameron Diaz and i knew INSTANTANEOUSLY it was an OSCAR!!!! I fell in love with a similar dress when I was shopping for bridal gowns. Here are comparisons:









Both dresses have very simple silhouettes; but are still ornately adorned. Absolutely timeless!

PS: I also did not like Sarah Jessica Parker’s dress- the one she wore while presenting. It looked like a sack with a decorated neckline. =(




That’s it for now….

Goodnight Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment